How to change login user picture

Giuseppe Giannuzzi beppeg at gmail.com
Sun Jun 10 18:27:35 UTC 2007

Amitakhya Phukan wrote:
> hi!
>
> Giuseppe Giannuzzi wrote:
>
>> Thanks Frank,
>>
>> it works!
>> Actually I was using KDE and Control Center without success.
>> So that means that default splash login is a gnome application
>> and KDE users have no control on it.
>>

> from your reply, does login screen depend on kdm and gdm ? i think it
> does. so that if you are using gdm, kde control center can't have any
> effect. hope i am right.
>
> regards,
> amit.

As I said, I'm using KDE so I guess I'm using kdm: correct?
I tried to change user picture by Control Center but no change at login
screen.
Then I tried to logon using Gnome session following Frank suggestion and
finally I
changed user picture (same result launching gnome-about-me in a kde
session).
So I draw the conclusion that picture changing is a Gnome privilege but
I hope I went wrong in my calculations!

Regards,
Beppe