help with Fedora core 7 dial-up connection

E. Robert Tisdale edwin at netwood.net
Mon Jun 11 02:17:44 UTC 2007

>  Have you checked the LinModems Suport Page?

No.

>  There is a utility called scanModem which you can get
>
> http://linmodems.technion.ac.il/packages/scanModem.gz
>
> copy it to your linux partition
> # gunzip scanModem.gz
> # chmod +x scanModem
> # ./scanModem

I did that but it didn't help much.
The scanModem program generates tons of files
but doesn't actually help configure the modem.

> will generate a Modem/ folder in which ModemData.txt gets generated
> and it will tell you which modem driver you need if there is one for your
> modem(s).
> to send in your ModemData.txt
> or send it to me off the list so that we can try to help you out.
>
> Depending on which chipset is included the
> U.S.Robotics(Mod - 5610B) internal modem (PCI bus) modem
> might be supported by the serial driver,
> have support through linuxant(not free) only 14.4KBs and No support.

I don't understand why all this is necessary.
Fedora Core 5 detected and configured this modem automatically.
When did Fedora stop supporting modems?

This is *not* a linmodem -- it's a real modem.