ThatFlemingGent (was Enlartenment.Com) RPMs available for F7

Michael Fleming mfleming at enlartenment.com
Mon Jun 11 11:47:26 UTC 2007

On Sun, 2007-06-10 at 18:41 +0530, Rahul Sundaram wrote:
> Michael Fleming wrote:
> > For those hardy souls (both of you) that have been interested in the
> > RPMs I maintain, I have some good news. :-)

<snip>

> > More info @ http://www.thatfleminggent.com/packages.php. Naturally
> > they're fully compatible with the merged Fedora packagelist and *should*
> > coexist with Livna / Dribble.
> >
> > Bugs / Requests / Comments? Feel free to send them my way.
> >

> Any plans to submit and maintain these packages in the central Fedora
> repository?

Hi Rahul,

Not all of them - some contain code / links to libraries that are among
the ForbiddenItems list, others not even close to being up to scratch or
likely of little interest to the community at large. There's probably a
couple that are dead upstream too - I've been packaging some of these
for a LONG time. :-(

That being said, I'm looking to toss a few in - the merge has made me
rethink how I build and maintain my own repository (ie. "It's expensive
to try and mirror F7 Everything with updates on 512k ADSL here in
Australia for build purposes" ;-)) and perhaps it's best to get them in
sooner rather than later.

I've been meaning to submit perl-Geo-IP for ages now and with
courier-authlib this >< close courier-imap / maildrop are likely
candidates - although courier-imap is going to take some serious work to
make rpmlint/PackageGuidelines happy.

I think that innotop (console MySQL monitor), pfqueue (Postfix/Exim
queue manager) and memcached (distributed memory-based "data-cache")
could be of interest and rpmlint already reports them being fairly
clean. These are my most likely candidates :-)

If there's others I've mis-estimated in terms of usefulness/interest,
let me know - I'll make more of an effort to clean them up and get them
out there.

> Rahul

Michael Fleming.

--
Michael Fleming <mfleming at enlartenment.com> in Brisbane, Australia
"Be master of your mind, not mastered by mind"