NFS Fedora 7

Claude Jones claude_jones at levitjames.com
Tue Jun 12 16:09:00 UTC 2007

On Tuesday June 12 2007 11:58:29 am Tom Weniger wrote:
> Greetings,
>
> Well, I spent the weekend trying to get NFS going on my network with
> no success. I think I have traced it down to SELinux "preventing the
> nfsd  from allowing remote clients to read local files". I have tried
> using  the setsebool -P nfs_export_all_ro=1 cmd but the terminal
> responds with "Could not change policy booleans". So, I opened the
> SELinux Management tool and set all options under NFS . Once more, no
> change. Should I post a bug report if I don't find a duplicate entry?

Funny to me, this. I guess I got busy because I missed this thread, but I've
been doing the same thing. However, my result is a bit different. I can now
mount NFS shares on my F7 machine from my FC6 box; I have an NFS share set up
in exacty the same way, including firewall settings, hosts entries, etc. -
going the other way, but whenever I try to connect to my FC6 box from my F7
machine, I get this:

root at localhost ~]# mount tehogee1:/home/ /mnt/tehogee1
mount: mount to NFS server 'tehogee1' failed: RPC Error: Program not
registered.

I've googled that error till I'm blue in the face, but all suggestions have so
far not worked.

--
Claude Jones
Levit & James, Inc.