NFS Fedora 7

Tom Weniger trweniger at gmail.com
Tue Jun 12 19:29:18 UTC 2007

On 6/12/07, Mike Chambers <mike at miketc.com> wrote:
> On Tue, 2007-06-12 at 11:35 -0500, Arthur Pemberton wrote:

> > > Greetings Will,
> > >
> > > I believe that the new version (NFSv4) has quite a few changes in it
> > > that I was planning on learning this weekend. It also seems that
> > > portmapper has been deprecated since I cannot find it locally or on
> > > the repositories. Suggestions from the rest of the gallery would be
> > > appreciated too.
>
> turn on rpcbind and you'll be all set.  That is the service to use now
> instead of portmapper.
>
> I had no problems on my FC7 test boxes connecting to an FC6 NFS box
> (used it for my installs actually as well), and it worked quite well.
>
> --
> Mike Chambers
> Madisonville, KY
>
> "Best little town on Earth!"

Greetings Mike,

Did you enable rpcbind on all your boxes or just the server? Is there
anything else to do on the server or client side?
Current status is that I have all my NFS services working (rpcinfo -p
server) on both the server & client. My firewall (server & client) has
ports 111, 2049, 4000, 4001, 4002 and 4003 configured and open for the
various nfs services. I can exportfs my shares but cannot mount them
on the client due to  timimg out. I am currently trying to configure
nfsvers=3.
Any other suggestions?
--
Virtually,