FC6 DVD Movie player

Robin Laing Robin.Laing at drdc-rddc.gc.ca
Tue Jun 12 19:54:51 UTC 2007

Karl Larsen wrote:
> Hi Gang I have no idea how to yum software that will play a DVD movie on
> FC6. Does anyone know a name?
>
> Karl

Are you talking commercial DVD's or home produced DVD's?

I prefer mplayer (freshrpms).  My daughter prefers xine.  I think my
wife uses Totem.  The options are many.  If you are talking about
commercial DVD's you have to load some questionable legal software.

A good place to start.

http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Multimedia

http://www.yolinux.com/TUTORIALS/LinuxTutorialVideo.html

This is old but can point you in the right direction.
http://techpubs.sgi.com/library/dynaweb_docs/linux/usr/HOWTO/Fedora-Multimedia-Installation-HOWTO.html

--
Due to the move to M$ Exchange Server,
    anything that is a priority, please phone.