Plugin for totem

Axel axel.azerty at laposte.net
Tue Jun 12 22:42:40 UTC 2007

Art a écrit :
> Hi I'm back but with a different face. I'm trying to get totem to play a
> DVD It comes up and says I need a Plugin I have checked    the default
> box. But it still wants a plugin. Can any one help on this.
> Thanks Art.

First, you should install packages from a new repo.  Use firefox to
install this file
http://ftp.freshrpms.net/pub/freshrpms/fedora/linux/7/freshrpms-release/freshrpms-release-1.1-1.fc.noarch.rpm

Now, you are able to install packages for playing dvd. With the package
manager (in the Fedora menu), install the gstreamer-plugins-* and the
libdvd* packages.

Relaunch totem and try to play your dvd with the  entry in the "Movie"
menu of totem. If it fails, use the "Open location" entry from the
"Movie" menu of totem. To know the internal of your dvd drive, launch
the command : "mount" in a terminal. The drive name should be /dev/scd0
or something like that.