What is en_US ?

Tim ignored_mailbox at yahoo.com.au
Thu Jun 14 01:16:26 UTC 2007

On Wed, 2007-06-13 at 09:37 -0700, Tim Alberts wrote:
> Here's a thought, how about quit making up new languages and start
> combining others.

Well, English already does that.  I don't know if others adopt words
from other languages, like it does.  I wasn't aware of there actually
being new languages developed, other than colloquial jargon.

> It's a global society and it'd sure be nice if we all spoke the same
> language.  Being American I vote for English (because I don't want to
> learn something new), but honestly, I don't care if it's
> Spanish, French, Chinese, Russion, Arabic, pig latin, or something
> completely new (that is efficient and makes sense).

Sure it'd be nice, but I can't see it happening.  It's all politics.
It's going to be years, maybe centuries, if ever, before we all speak
human.  ;-)

 important to the thread.)

I read messages from the public lists.