recommendations for a 64-bit laptop

Globe Trotter itsme_410 at yahoo.com
Thu Jun 14 13:22:58 UTC 2007

--- Axel <axel.azerty at laposte.net> wrote:

> Globe Trotter a écrit :
> > So, if you were to recommend a 64-bit laptop that would run linux (F), what
> > would you nrecommend? Lets say, money is not an issue: performance is?
> >
> > Best,
> > Trotter

> > Sucker-punch spam with award-winning protection.
> > Try the free Yahoo! Mail Beta.
> > http://advision.webevents.yahoo.com/mailbeta/features_spam.html
> >

> For which usage ?

Geared primarily towards research and high-performance computing, but also for
day-to-day tasks, such as reading fedora mailing lists:-) Ihave been looking at
the Dell D830: does anyone have any views on that? Other machines? Dell is the
approved vendor at my workplace. Others require permission, but I can get that,
I think!

Best,
Trotter