Microsoft closes another deal, is redhat next?

Skunk Worx skunkworx at verizon.net
Sat Jun 16 22:31:23 UTC 2007

Antonio Olivares wrote:
> Dear all,
>
> In midst of the Microsoft Linux deals, Novell, Xandros, Linspire, ..., etc.  The question arises will Red Hat fall into Microsoft's deals?
>
> http://biz.yahoo.com/seekingalpha/070614/38396_id.html?.v=1
>
> Inquiring minds want to know.
> I hope that it does not fall into these kinds of pacts.
>
> Regards,
>
> Antonio

Here's a fresh one : Mark Shuttleworth says no to MS FUD :

http://www.markshuttleworth.com/archives/125#comment-112738

"Neither Canonical nor the Ubuntu project have any interest in signing
an agreement with Microsoft on the back of the threat of unspecified
patents."

It's nice to see RedHat does not have to fight this battle alone.

Also jeers to Sun Microsystems and Oracle for undercutting RedHat's RHEL
pricing at such a sensitive time.

Talk about David vs. Goliath...RedHat has a lot of huevos going up
against this crowd...more like David vs. three Goliaths.

---
John