FC6 fix Updates

Tim ignored_mailbox at yahoo.com.au
Sun Jun 17 12:05:44 UTC 2007

On Sun, 2007-06-17 at 05:56 -0600, Karl Larsen wrote:
> I am tired of finding the dam Update thing which has "yum" locked
> up, in the kernel list and killing it. There should be a way to keep
> it from being loaded.
>
> Does anyone know how to take this device out of the kernel do list.
> I will update a little at a time manually where I can see what's
> happening.

You can find a yum daemon (yum-updatesd) near the bottom of the list in
serviceconf (a GUI tool).  Or, you can use chkconfig (a command line
tool) to turn it off.

--
(This box runs Centos 5.0, my others still run FC 4, 5, 6, & 7, in case that's
 important to the thread.)

I read messages from the public lists.