evolution weirdness

Mike Chambers mike at miketc.com
Tue Jun 19 13:19:59 UTC 2007

On Tue, 2007-06-19 at 09:55 +0100, Rui Miguel Silva Seabra wrote:

> mutt's the best text-interface email client I know, but it's slow as
> hell with large mailboxes, several orders of magnitude slower than
> Evolution, in fact. At least as Fedora/RedHat provides it.
>
> Evolution needs a replacement since it looks like nobody is able to
> properly manage it's development, nowadays.

Don't know if this affects your situation or how much it might anyone
elses, but the newer version in rawhide has option to use bogofilter for
spam instead of spamassassin. Also it seems to be a *lot* faster at
d/ling my pop mail (of course this could be because of bogofilter).  It
just seems little faster than the previous version.

BTW, you can upgrade to it without any extra dependencies, but maybe
evolution-bogofilter.  And you can change the stuff in the
Edit/preferences menu.

Not bad so far, and I use it everyday (home use that is).

--
Mike Chambers
Madisonville, KY

"Best little town on Earth!"