Fedora vs OpenSuse

Mike McCarty Mike.McCarty at sbcglobal.net
Tue Jun 19 20:33:38 UTC 2007

Jacob (=Jouk) Jansen wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> My University wants to force us all to use OpenSuse. Up to now I'm a happy
> Fedora user. So can you help to find more arguments why I should keep using
> Fedora?

In what way can a Uni force someone to use a particular OS?
Perhaps you mean "My Uni wants to use OpenSuse" (on its own
computers)". If that's the case, then I don't see why you have
any stake in the matter. If you can't think of any arguments
on your own, then ISTM you don't really have a preference. If
you do prefer FCx, then I suggest you go to your dean and
present why you prefer FCx.

Personally, I don't think FCx is a good choice for that environment,
anyway. It's sort of experimental.

Mike
You have found the bank of Larn.