ATI Technologies Inc Radeon XPRESS 200M driver ++ F7 Can't getitto work.

Kelly lightsolphoenix at gmail.com
Thu Jun 21 07:27:18 UTC 2007

I had the proprietary driver running in Fedora once, but I got rid of it for a
number of good reasons, probably the most obvious of which is that my card is
no longer supported, so I have to use the radeon driver.

Yes, ATI cards suck as far as Linux goes.  If you REALLY want to try, though,
I suggest using Livna and installing the RPM's for the proprietary drivers.
I can't help you any more than that, though, because as I said, I don't use
it anymore.

Oh, BTW, you can get 3D from the radeon driver (in fact, I'd say the radeon
driver gives better 3D than the proprietary driver on most ATI cards,
considering I can run AIGLX on radeon and not on fglrx);  you just don't get
direct rendering.  But if you're using AIGLX, you don't get direct rendering
anyway, and really it doesn't improve performance much.

If you want a BAD card, try the SiS in my laptop.  No DRI at all, so 3D is a
dream.  If I run a program that uses OpenGL period, X literally blows up.