ATI Technologies Inc Radeon XPRESS 200M driver ++ F7 Can't get it to work.

Adalbert Prokop adalbert.prokop at gmx.de
Thu Jun 21 08:19:33 UTC 2007

sizo nsibande wrote on Wednesday 20 June 2007:

>  VGA compatible controller: ATI Technologies Inc Radeon XPRESS 200M
> 5955 (PCIE)

> I have looked at the ati website and the closest they have is a x300m
> and the last time I installed this it did not function.

What did you do in order to install it? Did you create packages or
installed it from sources directly? I think it was something like

# sh <ati-drv-package> --buildpkg Fedora/7

But ATI's README gives you more instruction.

Maybe your card ist not really supported by the closed source driver - I
could not find it in the device list. It this case you will have to stick
to the open source driver as Kelly already wrote.

--
bye
Adalbert