F7 & Skype

Karl Larsen k5di at zianet.com
Thu Jun 21 14:46:55 UTC 2007

antonio montagnani wrote:
> I just upgraded Skype to the F7 package 1.4....
> Level of mike recording is very low even my slided for mike are fully
> up. Previous release for FC5 was fine.
> I mean that when I make a Test Call I can hear my recorded voice but
> it is really low (hardly to be heard!!!)
>
> Any idea???

    It's known that the Alsa Mixer has been bad since the updates to
FC6. I just loaded a new FC6 on my Laptop and before even attaching the
Internet I looked at Volume Control and it's just about perfect.

    With that broken one go back to it and switch to the other mixer.
It's even worse but you will find a mike in the right place and it will
be tuned down and turned off :-(

    Get that fixed and it will work...sorta.

Karl