Samba printing failure

William Murray W.J.Murray at rl.ac.uk
Fri Jun 22 06:53:57 UTC 2007

 Can anyone help with a samba/printer error?

  I yum upgraded my firewall/router/printer-server from FC6 to F7.
Very nice. But the printer stopped accepting samba inputs.

   I can still see a network shared disk over samba, and I can still
print locally from the machine.
The only clue I have is in /var/log/messages:

[2007/06/22 07:58:34, 0] lib/util_tdb.c:tdb_log(662)
 tdb(/var/lib/samba/printing/F380.tdb): tdb_rec_read bad magic
0x626d732f at offset=20976

'google' brought up similar problems from 2005, but the only solution,
deleting the /var/lib/samba/printing/F380.tdb file, did not work for me.

I tried making a new printer using F7, bot on clients and server, but it
didn't help.

   Any thoughts?
    Thank you,
           Bill