package-cleanup --problems

Karl Larsen k5di at zianet.com
Fri Jun 22 17:36:43 UTC 2007

Joel Gomberg wrote:
> Aaron Konstam wrote:
>> On Thu, 2007-06-21 at 17:37 -0600, Karl Larsen wrote:
>>> Geeze I'm stupid. I tried yum package-cleanup --problems and got
>>> nothing but errors. Then I tried # package-cleanup --problems and it
>>> did that. It listed the problems I have outstanding. Now I can yum
>>> them and get going. Glad none are serious.
>>>
>>> Karl
>>>
>> Do oyu mean : yum clean packages
>
> No, I don't think he does.  If you have yum-utils installed, try man
> package-cleanup.

    Yes let me try to be more clear. First you need to get the yum-utils
installed. You do this in this way:

# yum install yum-utils

This gets the utils installed. I check it this way, in a root Terminal:

# package-cleanup

and you will get a response giving all the options available. If you get
"no such file" then you don't have yum-utils installed.

Now, to check for problems use this:

# package-cleanup --problems

You will get a list of missing Dependant rpm files you can then get yum
to install for you.

    I hope this is clear and everyone can see what this does.

Karl