Where are the Fedora 7 CD ISOs

Antonio Olivares olivares14031 at yahoo.com
Fri Jun 22 21:54:14 UTC 2007

----- Original Message ----
From: Nigel Henry <cave.dnb at tiscali.fr>
To: fedora-list at redhat.com
Sent: Friday, June 22, 2007 4:34:43 PM
Subject: Re: Where are the Fedora 7 CD ISOs

On Friday 22 June 2007 22:39, Rahul Sundaram wrote:
> Nigel Henry wrote:

> >> Incorrect and misleading. Live CD images are installable. You can do a
> >> network installation from the boot.iso or rescue CD images. You can also
> >> copy the DVD image to a hard disk and install from the boot/rescue CD
> >> image.
> >>
> >> http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Fedora7/FAQ
> >>
> >> Rahul
> >
> > I did not mention Live CD images.
>
> Again, you did clearly mention that no CD iso's were available which is
> not true.
>
> Previous versions of Fedora were available
>
> > as both sets of CD's, along with the option of a DVD. Surely it's not
> > such a big deal to make sets of CD's available along with a DVD.
>
> Additional variations of any sort in the releases have a cost associated
> with it. There is additional testing or mirror space they require for
> example. All the mirrors are voluntary and will push back if you
> duplicate the same packages in several different formats.
>
> Rahul

I'll drop out of this discussion, as it's like trying to reason with a
politition. A no win situation.

Nigel.

Of course Nigel, you can't win.  We can't win.  It has been explained before.  Take a look at the thread

https://www.redhat.com/archives/fedora-list/2007-June/msg00103.html

how many people have argued and no winners.
https://www.redhat.com/archives/fedora-list/2007-June/thread.html

But as Rahul has posted PCTech101 has created the traditional CD's and one is free to get them from there.

http://www.pctech101.com/proddetail.php?prod=fed7med

and The CD's that you are currently downloading thanks to Mr. John Reiser.
 http://bitwagon.com:6969/torrents/F-7-i386-disc1.iso.torrent

Regards,

Antonio