7 CD set for F7?

Rodolfo Alcazar Portillo rodolfo.alcazar at padep.org.bo
Fri Jun 22 22:58:29 UTC 2007

?

http://torrent.fedoraproject.org/torrents/Fedora-7-Live-i686.torrent

> You might ask Red Hat if they plan to have any but it seems the days of
> using CD-Rom's are over.

Dont know really. Following the ubuntu idea of a single, simple, fast,
rethinked live/install CD is wonderful (simple! read yourself below!).
Machines with CDroms got what they need. On the other hand, a full DVD
distro is still available for heavy installations. You do not need the
DVD, really. More packages, more updates. Perhaps you'll say a single CD
hasn't all the Fedora functionality a user needs. Yes. But it has about
90%. The other 10% are everyone's peculiar requirements. That's not a
reason to spread big dvd distros, making heavy installations, updating
never-used libraries. I see the ubuntu success on that. Its almost what
everyone needs. Grats to Fedora.

> I recall a version of Slakware that was available on 10 Floppy disks
> (5 inch). Linux was a lot simpler then.

There you're right. But thats a Linux wide issue. Anyway, there are
still simpler distros like deli or dsl.

Have a nice weekend...

Rodolfo Alcazar - rodolfo.alcazar at padep.org.bo
591-70656800, -22417628, LA PAZ, BOLIVIA
otbits.blogspot.com / counter.li.org: #367962