Why are some having so much trouble with F7?

Les Mikesell lesmikesell at gmail.com
Sat Jun 23 22:44:51 UTC 2007

Paul Shaffer wrote:

>>> I think it would help me if you defined what SATA stands for.
>
>> Google and wikipedia know pretty much everything and respond much faster
>> than this list - unless email is the only connection you have to the
>> internet.

 > I think the vast majority of people subscribed to this list are
 > reading it to learn (about Fedora), as opposed to a few who seem
 > more inclined to use it for demonstrating a reluctance to share
 > their superior knowledge with trite RTFM-type quips.

The point of RTFM-type answers is to share how to get knowledge.  And
there is nothing fedora specific about a piece of hardware.

 > Not knowing what SATA is and having problems related to it would
 > somehow seem rather expected, so why get your knickers in a twist
 > over it?

I'm not offended by the question.  I just suggested that there are
better and faster places to get the answer.

 > The OP wasn't even complaining about an SATA-related problem.

Exactly - so why wait for some fedora user to answer a question like
that via email, posting to a large list of other people that won't be
interested?

--
   Les Mikesell
    lesmikesell at gmail.com