7 CD set for F7?

Kevin Kofler kevin.kofler at chello.at
Sun Jun 24 06:18:39 UTC 2007

John Reiser <jreiser <at> BitWagon.com> writes:
> Looking at the Apache logs, that spate of 500 requests had a few original
> requests (http status code 200) for each disc, then an average 100 or so
> "resume" requests (http status code 206) for each disc, with approximately
> non-skewed distribution of resume points throughout each file.  Some resume
> requests for the same disc were within one or two seconds of each other, at
> not-near offsets.  That supports your hypothesis of multiple users behind a
> gateway.

No, it's actually indicative of one user using a download accelerator. That's
the way they get around bandwidth throttling, they just download different
segments of the file in parallel. I guess the best way to stop this is
connection number throttling (no more than 2 simultaneous requests from a
single IP).

        Kevin Kofler