smolt stale profiles

Mike McGrath mmcgrath at redhat.com
Mon Jun 25 18:50:58 UTC 2007

Rahul Sundaram wrote:
> Mike C wrote:
>> Having upgraded several machines from FC6 to F7 I notice that the
>> urls for
>> looking at the smolt profiles shows that both the old details and the
>> new
>> details are listed as separate current entries for two different UUIDs.
>>
>> Therefore as people perform upgrades the statistics will become
>> progressively
>> less representative of running machines unless it is possible to
>> remove the
>> stale entries for old systems.
>> Does anyone know if it is possible to remove such old entries and if
>> so how?

"smoltDeleteProfile"  and upgrades should work just fine and remove the
old profile.  By upgrade do you mean format and install?  Also there is
a smolt checkin plugin that, when enabled (as it is in anaconda when you
send a profile) will continue to check in monthly.  This will allow us
to only select profiled that are new.

    -Mike