DVD Burner permission question

John Pierce john.j35 at gmail.com
Tue Jun 26 13:57:13 UTC 2007

> I haven't seen anything in this thread that would suggest that the drives
> are from 2 different companies.  Would you care to enlighten me as to how
> you arrived at that conclusion?  I must have missed something.

I am not sure how he ciphered that out either, but they are two
different manufacturers.

The failing drive is an LG HL-DT-ST DVDRAM GSA-4084N and the drive in
my machine is a MATSHITA DVD-RAM UJ-851S.

I have thought about it some more and I am not going to swap the
drives, I am just going to insist that HP replace the drive.  I mean,
it worked then it didn't.

--
John
Registered Linux User 263680, get counted at