Window won't go away

Nigel Henry cave.dnb at tiscali.fr
Tue Jun 26 16:38:41 UTC 2007

On Tuesday 26 June 2007 18:24, Mike McCarty wrote:
> Marcelo Magno T. Sales wrote:
> > Or try pressing CTRL+ALT+ESC (or whatever combination is set in your GUI
> > to kill programs) and then click the application with the skull cursor.
>
> How do I find out what that may be? CTRL-ALT-ESC seemingly does nothing
> on my computer.
>
> Mike

I havn't used CTRL + ALT + ESC for ages, and had forgotten all about it. It
does work ok, but its a case of CTRL + ALT, and then a tap on the ESC key,
and the skull should appear on your mouse pointer. Make sure the pointer is
on the top of the window you want to kill, and a single left click kills the
window like magic. Warning!!! Dont click the pointer if it's on a blank bit
of desktop, otherwise your likely to kill the desktop. I've done that. Doh.

Nigel.