F7: Evolution constantly crashing

Aaron Konstam akonstam at sbcglobal.net
Tue Jun 26 20:32:31 UTC 2007

On Tue, 2007-06-26 at 17:40 +0200, Christian Menzel wrote:

> > I would suggest there is something wrong with your evolution software
> > but this freezing does not happen to me, I would start from the
> > beginning and remove all your evolution software and start with a fresh
> > install.
>
> I'm also experiencing the freezing.
> First on an updated F7 which I installed freshly when the freezing occurred.
> Now I installed evolution 2.11 from rawhide and it is still freezing
> every few minutes.
> Right now I have to decide to use whether claws mail or thunderbird
> because evolution is unusable on my system.
>
> Chris

The word "updated" caught my eye. So this is not a F7 installed from
scratch. Leads me to believe you may have some parts of the evolution
system from and earlier version. Is that possible?

I can't argue with your experience and my saying it does not happen to
me does not help. I know.
If opportunity came disguised as temptation, one knock would be enough.
Aaron Konstam telephone: (210) 656-0355 e-mail: akonstam at sbcglobal.net