DVI output, ATI or nVidia

Ed Greshko Ed.Greshko at greshko.com
Tue Jun 26 23:13:46 UTC 2007

Frank Cox wrote:
> On Tue, 26 Jun 2007 23:31:37 +0100
> Luciano Rocha <strange at nsk.no-ip.org> wrote:
>
>> I do complain that the Nvidia binary is a blob. It had a security
>> problem some time ago and I had to wait for the vendor to issue a proper
>> fix, and I can't use 3d acceleration in one of my systems (PPC).
>
> I don't complain about that kind of thing.  I just take my money elsewhere and
> recommend that others do the same.
>
> If you and everyone else did that too, things may change.

It is called the economy of scale.  I'll give you 3 guesses (the first 2
don't count) on where the majority of nVidia's revenue originates.  So, when
you say "everyone" what group or subset of "everyone" are you referring to?

--
"Microwave oven?  Whaddya mean, it's a microwave oven?  I've been watching
Channel 4 on the thing for two weeks."