thunderbird 2.0.0.4 lost messages

oleksandr korneta atenrok at gmail.com
Wed Jun 27 00:19:26 UTC 2007

on 06/26/2007 01:10 PM Robin Laing wrote:
> oleksandr korneta wrote:
>> on 06/26/2007 07:15 AM Jonathan Underwood wrote:
>>> It's worth filing a bug report at http://bugzilla.redhat.com including
>>> as much detail as you can. Eg. were both mailboxes IMAP/POP/Local
>>> etc.Were there any error messages? Anything you can think of. Even
>>> better if you could give a recipe for reproducing the problem.
>> this was thunderbird 2.0.0.4 for fc6 installed from remi repository. I
>> don't think that fedora developers would care. The bug is strange
>> indeed. It is very easy to reproduce on my machine, and this happens
>> only between two specific accounts. No error messages, the mail just
>> silently disappears and I am immediately asked to compact my mailboxes.
>> I was stupid enough to press "OK" without checking whether everything
>> went fine.
>>

> Did you check your Thunderbird email directory to see if the files are
> still there but under a different name?

yes I did, and no - the mail is gone.

> I am still using 2.0.0.0 and use Drag and drop many times with no
> issues.  Maybe it is the number of messages that makes the difference.

probably not. After that I performed some tests and moved a rather large
  number of messages (~ 800-1000) it just works.

> I am not moving between accounts though.  That may be where the problem is.

I'm moving the messages between accounts from time to time and I never
had such a  problem before.

--
regards,
Oleksandr Korneta

I'm running FC6 on i386 and x86_64 hardware, should this matter.

/The nice thing about standards is that there are so many to choose from./