F7: Evolution constantly crashing

bucky no-reply-gw at fcp.surfsite.org
Wed Jun 27 08:16:17 UTC 2007

Aaron Konstam wrote:
Quote:
I would suggest there is something wrong with your evolution software
but this freezing does not happen to me, I would start from the
beginning and remove all your evolution software and start with a
fresh
install.

That's a great idea, and I have tried it.

Alas. It didn't help. Moreover, I've had the same problem
with Evolution for years. It's just that FC7 is the first
version that actually accepted bug reports for Evolution (before, it
would pop up Bug Buddy, and then thumb its nose at you when you hit
Submit: "Evolution? Never heard of it!").

But the fact that Evolution is RedHat's recommended email client
is why I'm thinking it's something weird about how I /use/
Evolution that exposes something other people don't often see.
That's why I keep digging for stuff that might illuminate
what's going on. But I know I'm proceeding in a naive
fashion. I just don't know the kind of information that will
help.

I stopped using Evolution because it's started freezing on
sending, and when I re-launched, it would send that message a second
time. I didn't realize what it was doing until yesterday when I
got one of those "What's your deal?" messages. So I'm
giving it a rest at least until my frustration cools down.

https://fcp.surfsite.org/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?post_id=181327&topic_id=39775&forum=10#forumpost181327
If you think, this is spam, please report this to webmaster at fcp.surfsite.org and/or blame bucky at mightytikigod.com.