customising compiz (or whatever the desktop effects uses)

Mark Knoop mark at opus11.net
Wed Jun 27 10:33:17 UTC 2007

Tim wrote:
> Is there a way to change some of the default behaviours?  For instance,
> the move the mouse pointer to the far top right of the screen to get
> thumbnails of all windows to show up is a handy feature, and probably
> the only feature that I care for, but it's in an annoying part of the
> screen.  That's where the volume control is.  The opposite corner, in
> Gnome, is where the click to show the desktop button is, which would be
> a better place for that action.

Install gconf-editor (yum install gconf-editor)

Applications > System Tools > Configuration Editor

Go to /apps/compiz/plugins/scale/allscreens/options

Change the setting for initiate_all_edge (for windows on all workspaces)
 and initiate_edge (for windows on just the current workspace).

There are lots of settings in the compiz tree that you can play with to
fine-tune compiz' behaviour.

--
Mark Knoop