FC6 has gotten me frustrated

Aaron Konstam akonstam at sbcglobal.net
Wed Jun 27 20:59:20 UTC 2007

On Wed, 2007-06-27 at 10:34 -0500, dsavage at peaknet.net wrote:
> > After fighting with For 9 months I am exhausted. I had to get the sound
> > card to be recognized, to get the machine to shutoff when I shut it
> > down, etc it has finally almost defeated me. It has worked for 6 months
> > or more but suddenly during a yum update last week the network slowed
> > down to a crawl. I did not update anything for awhile but now to use the
> > web browser to load the web page of the local lan's router takes maybe 5
> > minutes if it loads at all.
> >
> > I can ping the router with out problem but yum actions just slow to a
> > halt, going to an external web page is impossible.
> >
> > The resolv.conf has not changed, neither has the hosts file. Right now I
> > am stumped any other suggestions out there.
> >
> > Since I am  heavy into F7 I am the point of thinking of giving the
> > machine to Goodwill. Any help would be appreciated.
> > --
> > Aaron Konstam
>
> Aaron,
>
> I may be having a similar experience shutting down FC6 on a Thinkpad. My
> workaround has been to stop my 3com wireless card (Atheros) and nfs
> service before doing an init 0. Why? I haven't a clue.
> can you access.
> I'm hoping F7 doesn't have this problem.
>
> --Doc Savage
>   Fairview Heights, IL
Thw halting is no longer a problem but the fact that no application can
communicate to and from the machine at a tolerable rate is a problem. If
you can't load the web page of the router the machine is wired directly
to what can you access and it is getting worse.

It's Like This Even the samurai have teddy bears, and even the teddy
bears get drunk.
Aaron Konstam telephone: (210) 656-0355 e-mail: akonstam at sbcglobal.net