ssh - cannot log in

David Katz david at davidkatzconsulting.com
Wed Jun 27 21:21:38 UTC 2007

Thanks, I do understand that there is an internal and an external address. I want to force my workstation to have the internal address 192.168.1.140 so that my router will forward port 22 to the right machine - it's set up to do that so that my windows stuff works.  Can I make Fedora assign a specific internal address? Because interally I'm not always at 192.168.1.2; it seems to depend on which machine logs in first.

I'd be happy to do any reading - can you point me at the right doc? I've searched a lot but haven't got the right keywords or fully understood some of what I've read....