First F7 install USB drives not automounting

John Bowden j-alan at btconnect.com
Thu Jun 28 02:30:11 UTC 2007

On Wednesday 27 June 2007 00:18:30 Rahul Sundaram wrote:
> John Bowden wrote:
> > Hi list
> > 	Fresh install of F7. I just plugged in two different USB external hard
> > rives and none of them were auto mounted. Both drives are IDE drives in
> > external USB enclosures. One is a laptop drive and the enclosure gets its
> > power from the USB socket, the other is standard size drive and the
> > enclosure has its own power supply. Any ideas?
>
> This is determined by
> /usr/share/hal/fdi/policy/10osvendor/99-redhat-storage-policy-fixed-drives.
>fdi. You can either edit it or just move it out of that location and auto
> mounting would work.
>
> It has been done as a security measure but policy kit in Fedora 8 should
> make this much more usable. There is a recent discussion in fedora-devel
> list about this FYI.
>
> Rahul

Hi Rahul.
	Thanks for the info. I had a dig around and found the file mentioned above.
Do I edit the line
<match key="block.storage-device:storage.removable"bool="false"
To "true"? I have an 80Gb external drive full up with backed up stuff that I
need to get onto my new F7 box, before I upgrade my FC6 box

--
Guy Fawkes, the only man to enter the house's of Parliament
with honest intentions, (he was going to blow them up!)