yum-updatesd daemon does it work?

John Bowden j-alan at btconnect.com
Thu Jun 28 03:11:16 UTC 2007

On Thursday 28 June 2007 03:52:01 ron wrote:
> On Thursday 28 June 2007 03:26:48 ron wrote:
> >> The yum-updatesd daemon/pup notifier doesn't work for me. what's wrong?
> >>
> >> --
> >> macroron
>
> On Thu, 28 Jun 2007 03:37:03 +0100 John Bowden wrote:
> > I'm a Fedora newbie so I probably will not be much help, but some
> > more info would help. In what way is it not working?
>
> I turned the yum-updatesd daemon service on. But pup never notifies me
> when updates are available. Searching on google shows there may be a
> software problem. I was asking to see if it works for anyone and how I
> may fix it here.
>
> --
> macroron

This F7 installation is only 12 hours old, and I did a manual update using
Kyum so I don't know if the yum update demon is working yet. Still got to get
the sound card working though, that will have to wait as I'm of to bed!

--
Guy Fawkes, the only man to enter the house's of Parliament
with honest intentions, (he was going to blow them up!)