selinux eradicator?

Ed Greshko Ed.Greshko at greshko.com
Fri Jun 29 01:50:25 UTC 2007

Karl Larsen wrote:

>    Here is why I used the excellent advice given earlier on this list
> and turned off selinux. It didn't hurt and took about 5 minutes because
> you must re-boot to make it work.
>
>    I turned it off because it does nothing good that I could tell, was a
> mess on my dmesg printout and others talked about real problems with it.
> I have not received a single virus and no-one ever got into my computer
> in 10 years without selinux. I have no need for insurance.

I've never been hit by a car either, but when the light turns green I still
look both ways before crossing.  I also don't stay out on the golf course
when a thunderstorm is approaching even though I've never been hit by
lightning.

The "It hasn't happened to me" argument never ceases to amaze me.

Yet, I must say that I'm happy some individuals choose to run selinux
disabled rather than learn about it.