display differences between files in different servers

Les Mikesell lesmikesell at gmail.com
Fri Mar 2 11:48:50 UTC 2007

Tim wrote:
> On Fri, 2007-03-02 at 10:22 +0800, Rilawich Ango wrote:
>>   As I know, command diff can use to find the differences between
>> files in the same server.  Is it possible to compare files in
>> different servers?
>
> Should be able to.  I've done it when the remote server export has been
> mounted locally.

If you just want the names of files with differences you can use rsync
with the -v and -n options to show which files it would transfer without
actually doing it (but the differences might be in ownership or
permissions).   If you want to see the test of the differences you'll
have to use nfs or samba to network-mount the filesystem for the comparison.

--
   Les Mikesell
    lesmikesell at gmail.com