Question on MBR of SATA Raid 1 Software

David Fletcher fc at fletchersweb.net
Fri Mar 2 17:36:10 UTC 2007

On Friday 02 March 2007 13:30, Dario Lesca wrote:
> I have install my fc6 server with RAID-1 software on 2 SATA HD.
> All work fine.
>
> My question is:
>
> If HD1 crash, HD2 is ready for boot the system? I have see witch the MBR
> of the 2 disk is different. (see follow explanation)...

This is also of interest to me, because I'm hoping to be ordering one of
these:-

http://linitx.com/product_info.php?products_id=1083

sometime in the next few days, for building a low power mini server for home
use.

It has two SATA connectors and the data states that it can do RAID 0 and 1.
Question is, is it likely to be a proper hardware raid on this board or will
it have to be software RAID like the OP has installed?

Dave F

--
Registered Linux user number 393408

http://oneandone.co.uk/xml/init?k_id=6389763