mail program for FC6

Les Mikesell lesmikesell at gmail.com
Sun Mar 4 03:15:25 UTC 2007

Aaron Konstam wrote:
> On Sat, 2007-03-03 at 11:53 -0600, Les Mikesell wrote:
>> Martin Marques wrote:

>>> Yes, pine.
>> Yes, pine has one of the most bizarre user interfaces known to man and
>> you aren't going to find anything similar in that respect.  Mutt is a
>> little more sensible, but does anyone still use a character based mailer
>> regularly these days? Even if you have a limited bandwidth connection,
>> imap to a local GUI mailer is a lot nicer.

> That depends how you receive your mail. Since a linux machine contains
> its own smtp server there should no meed for the mailer to do imap.

Not everyone has a public IP address with suitable DNS handling for
every machine where they might want to read their email.

 > Your
> machine can be directly accessible. And mutt is  a mailer that handle
> threaded - sorted mail messages properly where programs like evolution
> can't.

What do you mean by 'properly'?  This works for me:
http://www.novell.com/documentation/evolution24/index.html?page=/documentation/evolution24/evolution24/data/usage-mail-getnsend-read.html,
  although I've been using thunderbird more lately, which also does
threads but is a little slower to switch back and forth between
threaded/unthreaded views and I usually view sorted by timestamp and
switch to threaded only when I've forgotten the  earlier part of the
conversation.

--
   Les Mikesell
    lesmikesell at gmail.com