Can't get NetworkManager to configure ntp

Aaron Konstam akonstam at sbcglobal.net
Sun Mar 4 19:20:47 UTC 2007

On Mon, 2007-03-05 at 04:19 +1030, Tim wrote:
> On Sun, 2007-03-04 at 08:38 -0600, Aaron Konstam wrote:
> > I thought a laptop is a machine you can move to different place and
> > therefore different networks.
>
> Not everybody does that.  Some just use theirs around different spots on
> the same premises.

You know sometimes we spend a lot of time denying the obvious. A laptop
is designed to move around. So if the OP found himself in a hotel in
another city with his laptop he would have to access a different
network. The case of moving the laptop around in the same network
certainly is possible but I would assume be a rare case and can be
removed from any general discussion.

Unless, of course, one is committed to argumentation.
Any fool can paint a picture, but it takes a wise person to be able to
sell it.
Aaron Konstam telephone: (210) 656-0355 e-mail: akonstam at sbcglobal.net