yum update / SELinux problem?

Jim Cornette fc-cornette at insight.rr.com
Mon Mar 5 02:15:32 UTC 2007

Jonathan Rawle wrote:
> Jim Cornette wrote:
>> After fixing up the system for SELinux content, the rpm package for
>> selinux policy should revise the content with its %post and %pre
>> scriptlets. I believe the program is called restorecon which is ran when
>> the policy is updated.
>
> I used to see several screens of output from restorecon whenever a policy
> package updated. But I haven't noticed that with more recent updates. Are
> the messages suppressed now, or could it be an indication of a bug?

I cannot recall if the last update was verbose or the messages were
suppressed. I like to see the messages for two reasons, see what
restorecon is doing and also so I don't think yum is locked up when it
is actually waiting for restorecon to complete.

It probably is alright. You might want to ensure it is running when
policy is being updated.

Don't rely too heavily on my comments for SELinux policy though.

Jim