raid1 on a sunfire x2100

Klaasjan Brand klaasjan at gmail.com
Mon Mar 5 08:32:45 UTC 2007

On 3/3/07, simon butler <smcbutler at hotmail.com> wrote:

> hi, i've installed FC6 on a sunfire x2100 machine which is advertised as
> having on board raid controller, but i don't see the raid configuration
> screen when i bring up the machine. has anyone had success with using
> raid1
> with FC6/x2100

I've got a few X2100's running CentOS over here. They use a standard nforce4
chipset which has a driver-based software RAID option (which is recognized
by the BIOS so it can boot from the disk array). There's no real RAID
controller in there. I suppose Fedora 6 will use dm-raid to make the Linux
software RAID driver use the BIOS-created volume.

Klaasjan