solution to evolution problem

Tim ignored_mailbox at yahoo.com.au
Fri Mar 9 02:51:45 UTC 2007

On Thu, 2007-03-08 at 16:09 -0600, Aaron Konstam wrote:
> I have several times complained about a problem in evolution that date
> sorting does not work well with threading in evolution. Once you delete
> a entry in the thread the next entry jumps to its correct date position
> which may be somewhat further down the list.
>
> In case, I am not the only one annoyed with this behavior I have a
> solution. I can't take credit for it since it was mentioned awhile ago
> by I think Tim but only this week I saw it really works. The problem
> disappears if under View you uncheck: "Hide deleted messages".
>
> When you complete reading your mail you can restore the check or just
> ignore the unhidden deleted messages which will appear crossed out on
> the folder list of mail.

I have made that suggestion, though I doubt I'm the only one to have
done so.  You've other options to deal with things once you're done, as
well:

      * Use the hide read messages function.  It'll hide what's been
        marked as read, now.  As you progress through the list, messages
        you've read aren't hidden *as* you read them (that's a major
        pain, and I've another client that did that, making it very
        difficult to refer back to another post).
      * Delete the trash more often (manually or automatically).
      * Expunge the folder you're reading.

 important to the thread.)

I read messages from the public lists.