openldap and FDS

Rahul Sundaram sundaram at fedoraproject.org
Fri Mar 9 08:55:27 UTC 2007

Ric Moore wrote:
> On Fri, 2007-03-09 at 16:12 +0800, Ed Greshko wrote:
>> Ric Moore wrote:
>>> Where the heck is it?
>> http://directory.fedora.redhat.com/
>
> Thanks Ed, it's right there... I wonder why it's not yumable? I also
> used smart to search for it. Thanks again, Ric

It is.

# yum install fedora-ds-base.

Note that this is just the core functionality and does not include the
GUI consoles and other features which are in Java which can you get from
the above site. The /opt and other unusual file locations are due to its
past legacy as a proprietary solution called Netscape Directory Server.
  The packaging has been heavily cleaned up during the package review
process.  'fedora-ds-base' follows FHS etc.

Rahul