convert VHS to DVD

Claude Jones claude_jones at levitjames.com
Tue Mar 13 09:16:52 UTC 2007

On Tue March 13 2007, Mike McCarty wrote:
> The only ones it hurts is those who want to own their own
> copies of what they buy.

But what have you actually bought? IANAL - but in essence, you're paying for a
right to play, under certain very restricted conditions, the material that's
on that tape - you certainly haven't bought any rights, expressed or implied,
to the material itself - I know you like to argue, Mike, but don't take this
as an attempt to argue with you, I'm not - the excessive pre-occupation
with "intellectual rights" and "piracy" is anathema to me - the notion of
asserting "intellectual rights" with the majority of the dreck that pours out
of production houses today is itself, a commentary on our times - some
historians down the road with a sense of humor will have a good laugh at that
one

--
Claude Jones
Brunswick, MD, USA