FC6 ntpd

Alexander Boström abo at kth.se
Wed Mar 14 09:11:15 UTC 2007

lör 2007-02-10 klockan 10:37 +0100 skrev Roberto Ragusa:

> Try adding the "dynamic" parameter to the definitions of the ntp servers
> in your /etc/ntp.conf. For example:
>
>   server 0.fedora.pool.ntp.org dynamic
>   server 1.fedora.pool.ntp.org dynamic
>   server 2.fedora.pool.ntp.org dynamic
>
> In this way the servers will be searched again when the network goes up.
> The output of "ntpq -p" will tell you if the connections are working
> (wait a minute or two before checking).

Would it be nice to add this by default in a future Fedora release,
primarily for laptop users who often have to boot without network
access? (I have to start a web browser and log in to the local WaveLAN
before I get net access, for example. Or I might have to ifup ppp0 to
activate the 3G card.)

/abo