a trouble with Evolution (FC6): Loading never ends

Andy Green andy at warmcat.com
Thu Mar 15 10:41:38 UTC 2007

Jacques Beigbeder wrote:

> 		A00003 OK LIST completed
>   and nothing more... There is never a 'A00004 LSUB' or 'A00004 SELECT INBOX'.
>
> Any idea?
>
> NB: ~user/.evolution is 1 Gb. I have to be cautious!

I read there are a lot of bugs oustanding in Evolution, whether this is
one of them I don't know.  I guess I would run it under strace and see
if it eventually gave me any clue.  Then I would make a new user, login
as that and try again with no local evolution mail cache under that user
to see if the problems come from there.

No actually what I would do is run Thunderbird, if your mail is in IMAP
anyway it shouldn't be a big deal.

-Andy