Automounter - need documentation on auto.master options

Eur Ing Chris Green cl at isbd.net
Tue Mar 20 12:48:14 UTC 2007

On Tue, Mar 20, 2007 at 01:08:28PM +0100, Mogens Kjaer wrote:
> Eur Ing Chris Green wrote:
> >My /etc/auto.master has the following entries:-
> >
> >    /misc /etc/auto.misc
> >    /net  -hosts
> >    +auto.master
> >
> >(Plus quite a few unhelpfule comments)
>
> The following comment is rather helpful:
>
> # For details of the format look at autofs(5).

I have looked at that, and it says absolutely nothing about that
"+auto.master" entry at the end.  According to autofs(5) all entries
should be of the form "key [-options] location".

> What are you trying to make the automounter do
> for you?

I'm trying to *stop* it from automounting some directories but I can't
even find where it's getting the list from.  As I said I *think* it's
getting further data (from a remote 'automount master') via that
+auto.master entry but I can't find any sort of documentation on how
it works.

--
Chris Green