Ubuntu 1, Fedora 0

Res res at ausics.net
Tue Mar 20 22:34:20 UTC 2007

On Tue, 20 Mar 2007, Gene Heskett wrote:

> The facts are the facts, and your ranting about it here on this list is
> not only unwelcome, it is to the wrong messenger.  Take this BS to your
> congress-critters.  ONLY they can fix it.  This list can do without the

congress... sorry means nothing in my country ;)

> rant.  There are workarounds that google, legal to do so or not, will
> lead you to.  Use them.

I dont care if its unwelcome, I have been on this list since about day 2
or so of its inception, and there's one thing I know, theres too many rose
coloured glasses wearing fan bois around here, many who love to attack
those who dare have a difference of option to theirs or Fedoras/RHs.
I've been dealing with that type for 15 plus years on other lists and
newsgroups etc, I aint about to give in to these bully boys now just so
they can sit in there little tinny, it's rarely calm waters in
international oceans.

This was not my statement, my statement is recommending people who want to
move from windows, the clueless bunnies who want a working GUI, they are
the ones that I deal with and they are the ones I no longer recommend
fedora to for this reason (they just want it to work).

I have only one fedora box left, its an FC1, and it'll be ubuntu or
slackware soon depending on how F7 turns out, I moved all my other
desktops to slackware recently (since I only use slackware on servers as
of RH9 EOL).

--
Cheers
Res

Let Novell known what you think of their back door deal with the devil.
Sign the petition today:   http://techp.org/p/1/