DjVu plugin

Szára György lagymata at freestart.hu
Wed Mar 21 20:50:34 UTC 2007

>  fedora-list-bounces at redhat.com X-Scanned-By: This message was scanned
> by fs3.freestart.hu X-Evolution-Source:
> pop://lagymata@pop3.freestart.hu Content-Transfer-Encoding: 8bit At
> 12:38 06/03/2007, you wrote: >Hello, >I'm hoping you will be lending
> me a halping hand to solve my >installation problem of DjVulibre
> plug-in. The history of mine attempts >are as follows: I used to use
> DjVulibre with what is now called www.findmypast.com (used to be
> called 1837online.com) to view the records of birth, marriage and
> death entries. I've now swapped to using ancestry.co.uk (they include
> the UK 1901 census) which does not use DjVulibre. Anyway, as I recall,
> I obtained the source RPM for DjVulibre from
> http://prdownloads.sourceforge.net/djvu/djvulibre-3.5.18-1.src.rpm
> built and installed it and it "just worked". Have you tried doing
> this? Subsequently, the Fedora repo version overtook the version I had
> built and was replaced by yum. I'm using FC5. Dave F -- fedora-list

Many thank for the clu you've provided in reply to my demand.
You've guided my thinking toward the use of rpm. It reveals one of the
advantage of Red Hat over other distros being the aboriginal creator and
emissor of the procedure of packaging. I found the install of DjVu
plug-in astonishingly simple after musing over your proposal.
Although my first atempt to download the rpm from the above site failed
me because all of a sudden the server made a break and since then it
hangs continuosly.
That's why I am lingering with my success report.
To be instructive I found on my bookshelv the book "Maximum rpm" from
Edward C.Bailey ISBN: 1-888172-78-9
Kind regard to Dave F. and company