[Fwd: Re: Question on running Fedora on Apple PPC]

Frank Cox theatre at sasktel.net
Thu Mar 22 04:27:43 UTC 2007

On Wed, 21 Mar 2007 22:37:37 -0500
Jimmy Bradley <bmobile40 at bellsouth.net> wrote:

> The machine has 256mb of ram.

I would say that 256mb is a bit tight if you want to run a "full" Fedora (with
Gnome and all the trimmings).  512mb would probably perform a lot better and
more would be nicer yet.  When it comes to ram, more is always better.

I have 2gb in this computer (which is both my main desktop machine and a LTSP
server) and it works very well indeed.  I think that 1gb to 2gb is kind of the
"sweet spot" for ram in the average Fedora Core 6 installation, but that's just
my opinion.